Thursday, July 15, 2010

Weeks of July 5 and July 12

I know, I know...I am very behind on updating my blog. I was out of town last week for the ZTA International Convention, and the last thing on my mind was updating my blog.

Because I was in New Orleans and very busy with Convention, my running suffered. I was able to squeeze in a 3 mile run on Wednesday the 7th and a 6 mile run on Thursday the 8th. I did do some walking around New Orleans a couple of days, so I consider that cross training. :) I also climbed stairs, lots of them. Our events were held on either the 2nd or 3rd floor of the hotel. With 900 women, the elevators were BUSY. Luckily, my hotel room was on the 5th floor. Most days, I took the stairs up and down. I wasn't completely lazy last week, but I was nowhere near my scheduled 24 miles.

Here is the schedule for this week. The long run on Sunday was supposed to step back down to 9 miles. Since I missed the 12 miles last Sunday, I see a 12 miler in my future.

Monday - Rest (I was so exhausted from my trip, I had to rest.)
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - 3 miles
Thursday - 20 minute ab video
Friday - 6 miles
Saturday - 12 miles
Sunday - Rest or Upper Body Strength Training

I will see to it that I complete all 24 miles this week!!

On a fundraising note: I have had 4 more people send me checks. These haven't yet shown up on my fundraising thermometer. I am now up to $255. Only $2,745 more till I reach my goal.

1 comment:

  1. Because you are running this marathon for such a wonderful cause, I will forgive your tardiness in updating the blog. (THIS TIME.)

    ReplyDelete