Friday, July 8, 2011

Paint the Park Purple

Last Thursday, John, Dad, Mom, and I went to Paint the Park Purple at AutoZone Park.




I am very grateful that the Memphis Redbirds and AutoZone park hosted the Alzheimer's Awareness night. 40% of the ticket sales (if you specified the Alzheimer's Association) went to the local chapter. The Memphis Redbirds' players wore special uniforms. They were white, with purple sleeves. On the front (where the number would usually go) there was a purple ribbon. They auctioned off the game worn jerseys too!

This was the 2nd year for Paint the Park Purple. This year was earlier in the season than last year's...I feel that this is a good thing. It is advertisement for the Walk to End Alzheimer's. The more people that know about the walk, the better then walk will be.

The Memphis Walk to End Alzheimer's will be on November 11 at 9am starting and ending at AutoZone Park. This will be my 6th Walk to End Alzheimer's (formally Memory Walk). Every year, the walk has grown. I still hope that it can become even bigger. Whenever I participate in other charity walks/runs, I am amazed at the number of people at the event. The Walk to End Alzheimer's just isn't there yet. I don't know what it will take to make it as big as other events in town. Hopefully, word of mouth and events such as Paint the Park Purple will put Alzheimer's awareness in the spotlight. I know that I will never stop fighting and advocating until there is an end to this horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment