Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week of 5/17

There are only a couple more weeks left of training my body to run again after my injury. On June 7, I will be starting the "official" marathon training that I must follow to a T.

Here is my schedule for this week.

Monday - 3 miles
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 5 miles
Thursday - Strength Training (Upper Body Dumbbells and Abs)
Friday - 5 miles
Saturday - Strength Training (Complete Body Exercise DVD)
Sunday - 7 or 8 miles

Over the weekend, I was reading Runner's World and came across an interesting statistic. "A recent runnersworld.com poll revealed that 66 percent of respondents had suffered an injury in 2009." After reading this, I realized that I am not the first person to have to take a break from running due to injury, and I will also not be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment