Monday, May 24, 2010

Week of 5/24

Last week's training went really well. I felt like I was in heaven on Wednesday's run. It was a cool morning, the birds were chirping, the smell of honeysuckle filled the air, the breeze was blowing, and airplanes were taking off overhead! Sunday's run on the other hand was not heaven. I went out with the intent to run either 7 or 8 miles. The temperature was in the 70s when I started, too bad the humidity was at 93%. That was the sweatiest run ever! The last 2 miles were tough to take. So, I went from heaven to hell in one week. You have to love Memphis weather!

My mom, brother, and I are heading up to Chicago this weekend on a recon mission. We have to figure out the lay of the land before the marathon in October. I have a 9 mile run planned for Sunday morning. I will get to run along Lake Michigan. I can't wait!

Here is the schedule for the week:

Monday: Strength Training (Upper Body Dumbbells and Abs)
Tuesday: 5 mile run
Wednesday: 3 mile run + Abs
Thursday: 5 mile run
Friday: Strength Training (Upper Body Dumbbells, Lower Body Weight Machines, and Abs)
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 9 mile run along Lake Michigan


Alzheimer's Statistic: According to a new report from the Alzheimer's Association, Changing the Trajectory of Alzheimer's Disease: A National Imperative, in the absence of disease-modifying treatments, the cumulative costs of care for people with Alzheimer's from 2010 to 2050 will exceed $20 trillion (in today's dollars).

No comments:

Post a Comment