Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Exactly 2 Months to Go!

2 months from today, I will be running the Chicago Marathon. I don't know whether that is exciting or terrifying! My farthest run so far is 15 miles...I can't imagine adding 11.2 miles on to that run. I will sure try...every weekend my long runs will be the longest ever. The thought of that is pretty exhilarating.

2 weeks ago was supposed to be my first ever 30 mile week. I training according to my schedule all week. Then came Sunday. I set out to do 15 miles. By mile 10, I was exhausted. Finally, after 13 miles, my body said "STOP!" I was pretty upset, but I had to stop. Luckily, the next week (last week) was a step back week with a scheduled long run of 11 miles. I turned this into my 15 mile run.

This past Sunday, I did indeed run 15 miles. It was incredibly hard! After mile 14, I felt like death. To make matters worse, I looked up and saw a couple buzzards circling overhead. Apparently, they could also tell that I felt like death.

The challenge for this week is the 17 mile run scheduled for Sunday. I can do it!

Here is the schedule for this week:
Monday - Strength Training (Upper Body Resistance Band & Abs)
Tuesday - Rest (I had a root canal yesterday, so John is making me take a rest day today.)
Wednesday - 4 miles
Thursday - 8 miles
Friday - 4 miles
Saturday - Rest or Strength Training
Sunday - 17 miles
Total Mileage: 33 miles

Thank you all so much for all of your support. This training is tough, but I know that it's for an excellent cause and that I have great support from my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment