Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm So Excited, and I Just Can't Hide It

As you can tell from the title, I am very excited. I have participated in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk (now named Walk to End Alzheimer's) in Memphis every year since 2005. I have watched the walk grow each year, but have always thought that it could be even bigger and better. Now, I have an opportunity to see that it is.

The West Tennessee office was looking for new volunteers to be on the Walk Committee. Of course, I immediately volunteered my time! I just assumed that since I was new to the committee that I would be in a small role...I assumed incorrectly. I am the Walk Event Co-Chair! The person who has been the Walk Event Chair the past 2 years wants to start assuming a smaller role on the committee in the future, so I am being trained for that position. I could not be happier!

The Memphis Walk to End Alzheimer's is November 12. This doesn't leave much time for my ideas to be implemented this year. The Events Coordinator and I are already planning big things for next year's walk though. She really values my opinion, so I know that I will be making a difference. In the near future, I would love to see this event have the same amount of participation as some of the other big name charity events in town.

For those in the Memphis area, I would love for you to participate in this year's walk. It's FREE! All the festivities begin at Auto Zone Park November 12 at 9am. The walk itself is a 2.5 mile course through downtown Memphis. There will be amazing views of the Mississippi River ("The Greatest River in the World" according to Grandpa). You can sign up as an individual or create a team and walk with friends/family/coworkers. There is no fundraising requirement. However, if you choose to fundraise, I won't stop you. :)

Please click to visit the 2011 Walk to End Alzheimer's Memphis TN page.

In the past, I have put a lot of effort into fundraising for this event. Now, I will put less effort on that and more on recruiting people to participate. If you can't make it to the walk, I will still gladly accept any donations. Please click to visit my fundraising page.

No comments:

Post a Comment