Today's Maintain Your Brain puzzle is "Odd One Out."
In each set of five words, one does not fit in. The idea is to spot a logical pattern of some kind in the words. The pattern might be in the structure of the words or the meaning of the words.
1. spill, cusp, blame, aspect, inspire
2. scarlet, blue, vermillion, crimson, coral
3. limp, drop, plain, like, true
4. orange, carrot, bean, squash, potato
5. balloon, sphere, globe, cube, marble
6. avid, era, island, try, underneath
7. send, comprehend, catch, impend, trend
8. water, clay, fluid, drink, serum
9. away, easy, aha, data, manna
10. cup, bowl, box, pole, vase
Due to the holiday weekend, answers will be posted on Tuesday.