Sunday, October 30, 2011

World Champion Cardinals!!!

Ok, so this post isn't directly related to Alzheimer's or to running. The Cardinals are the 2011 World Series Champions! I am one happy Cardinals' fan!! I know that my grandpa is up in heaven and is also one happy Cardinals' fan. I'm happy to know that he is up there knowing that the Cardinals won and able to remember all the Cardinals WS victories!

My brother and I were able to go to a game this year...what an amazing opportunity. Unfortunately, it was down in Texas. Unfortunately, the Cardinals lost that game. Fortunately, the Rangers did not win the series!

We had so much fun. It's something we'll remember for a lifetime.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Rangers Stadium


Add ImageThis is my favorite picture. Albert and Yadi look like they are having so much fun!




We were surrounded by Rangers fans, obviously. There was a girl sitting in the row below us. She was around 10 years old and a die-hard Rangers' fan. She wasn't sure what to make of us. I don't think she'd ever seen Cardinals' fans before...I've never gotten so many dirty looks from one person before. When Yadi had the hit that put the Cardinals up 2-0, Steven and I were on cloud 9. That first Rangers homerun that was hit to the section next to us look a little wind out of our sails. Even after the Rangers tied it up, we were still optimistic. It was only after the bullpen phone fiasco and Lance Lynn coming in to intentionally walk someone that we thought we might be in for a Cardinals loss. We were right...but the never say die Cardinals won the next 2 in St. Louis.

1 comment: