Monday, August 10, 2015

10th Walk to End Alzheimer's

Once again, I am participating in the Memphis Walk to End Alzheimer's in memory of Ed Cecil. Can you believe that this year will be my 10th one??? I started walking in 2005 in honor of my grandfather. I have walked every year since then with the exception of 2009 (I was a newlywed and out of town that weekend.) I have also served on the Walk Committee as chairman for 3 of those years. One year I even ran the Chicago Marathon to help with my fundraising efforts - that sparked the birth of this blog. Putting an end to Alzheimer's is truly one of my passions.
This year my goal is to raise $3000. I have yet to hit that number in any given year. I'm aiming high because I know that one day I can achieve that amount. Just as one day, there will be an end to Alzheimer's. Right now, I would just settle for a known cause of Alzheimer's. You can't cure something unless you know what truly causes it.
In case you are curious, 78% of the funds donated to the Alzheimer's Association are used for Alzheimer's care, support, research, awareness, and advocacy. 16% goes towards fundraising, with only 6% being used for administration.
Please visit my personal fundraising website http://act.alz.org/goto/JenniferBaker (or browse through my blog archives) to learn more about my story and why I Walk to End Alzheimer's.

No comments:

Post a Comment