Monday, March 8, 2010

Recap of Week 3/1

On Monday, I ran my long run of the weekend. It was only 6 miles because of the step back week. It went really well. I didn’t have any pain in my ankle, so the 3 days of non-running really paid off.

Tuesday, I went to Nashville for the Alzheimer's Association Day on the Hill. It went really well. There were about 100 advocates from all the chapters in TN. We were there to talk to the representatives and senators about early onset Alzheimer’s. Most were very receptive of what we had to say. Training wise, lots of walking was involved!

Wednesday, I ran 5 miles. The run went fine. Afterwards, I did 15 minutes of ab work. Once again, I did my new ab routine. Ouch, it really worked my abs.

Thursday, I ran 3 miles. For some reason, it was horrible. I had no desire to run them, but I struggled through. I found this very odd, since it was only 3 miles. After the run, I did lower body strength training. I started with traveling lunges with dumbbells, followed by squats, then a 30 second wall sit. I did this routine 3 times. It ended up equating to 25 lunges on each leg, 30 squats, and 3 30 second wall sits. On Saturday night, I could still fell it in my butt and thighs.

On Friday, I did upper body strength training. I did my normal upper body exercises, but with dumbbells instead of barbells. It is amazing how much harder the exercises were with dumbbells. With barbells, your stronger arm does more work than your weaker one. With dumbbells, they both have to do the same amount of work. I also did 15 minutes of ab work.

Saturday was my rest day.

Sunday, I ran 10 miles. It was absolutely beautiful in Memphis. It was sunny and in the 60s. I had a great run! I was very sore afterwards though.

Total mileage for the week: 24 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment