Monday, February 22, 2010

Recap of Week 2/15

This week went really well.

On Monday, I worked out my upper body and abs. I'm proun\d to announce that I was able to up the weights for my upper body exercises. Having great upper body strength is key, because your swinging arms can help you keep running at a good pace when you are otherwise exhausted.

All of my runs from Tuesday-Thursday went really well.

Also on Wednesday, I worked my abs and lower body. I was able to increase the weights on the lower body machines as well. The ab workout was a killer...I could still feel it when I did my ab work on Friday.

I didn't have any problems getting my cross training in on Friday, because my work trip was canceled. Friday's cross training consisted of 25 minutes on the bicycle, 25 minutes on the elliptical machine, and 15 minutes of ab work.

I woke up on Saturday feeling great, so I decided to do my long run then instead of waiting until Sunday. I actually felt so great that I ran 9 miles instead of the scheduled 8 miles. I ran the 9 miles in 1:35:47. This equates to a pace of 10:38!

No comments:

Post a Comment